<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Thursday, April 10, 2008

so here it goes...

I figured I'd start a blog like the rest of the world.
So here it goes.....

I just moved to Los Angeles. All alone. Just me. Well, just me and Mozart, my crazy 10 pound (ok- 12 pound) Yorkie. And, as scary it is as moving to this city all alone- as scary as it is being just another face in a crowd of millions- it is equally exhilarating and liberating.

Growing up about 40 miles outside of LA, I remember seeing the Wizard of Oz-like skyline in the far distance on a really clear day, and thinking to myself, “I’m going to live there one day!” Besides the smog, there is something else in the LA air that I've sensed since I was young- it's something that makes you feel possibility and hope and almost- magic. Now this may be sounding cheesy to you, so let me say that I know all dreams do not come true. Realistically, I think I would be ok with just half of mine coming true. 1 out of 2 is fine with me, but let’s not rule anything out just yet. Call me an idealist, but I still think amazing things are possible, and now that I've taken the first step, I'm ready to see what's in store.

If someone would have told me that I'd actually be moving to LA - alone- to start my very own adventure -unknown-, I wouldn't have believed them. I would've bet on the fact that I would opt to stay in my comfort zone, working a job that was decent but nothing that I was passionate about, in the town that I grew up in, with life seemingly all safe and secure. But now that I'm here, now that I’ve arrived, it feels good…a little overwhelming, but good. Afterall, out of your comfort zone is always where life’s good stuff happens, right? And, with faith and a little luck, amazing things are on their way... I just know it.

Stay tuned...

-jess