<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Friday, August 8, 2008

All in a day's work.


You know what they say, "All in a day's work."


Today was "Get a manicure, pedicure, and back massage during work hours in Brentwood with your coworker" day. Who knew that you can get an amazing back massage after your mani/pedi for only $1 per minute. Talk about a deal. I splurged and went with a 5 minute massage (I know, big spender.) We had a great time of relaxation and I returned back to work, jeans rolled up and wearing bright teal disposable foam flip flops so that my toenails had plenty of time to dry. I think the business men in the elevator were confused and wondered if I was starting a new fashion trend.


Today was also my self-proclaimed "Bring your dog to work day". I figured Mozie should be able to check out the place that his mother slaves away at so that he can live the life of leisure. (Yes, I'm a working, single mom, because someone has to bring home the bacon dog treats.) So, once my toenails were good and dry, I drove home to pick him up for a surprise office visit. He was quickly loving his new environment, made the rounds to say hello to my coworkers, and then began popping his head between the blinds on the windows to do little patrol barks down at the smokers that were 7 stories below in the courtyard. I think he was just trying to tell them the dangers of smoking. When my boss called in to the office, Mozie was sitting on my lap, and so before picking up the phone, I gave him a promise that if he kept quiet I would take him on a 2 hour walk on the beach after work (Mozie, that is, not my boss). So he sat there, staring at me the entire conversation, quite proud of himself for not making peep. In a way I was hoping he would make a noise, because, come on, a 2 hour walk? That's a little over the top. But I don't break my promises.


Today was also"Catch up on season 1 of the TV show you've been missing out on but everyone else can't stop talking about" day. And "Look up every $10,000 purse you'd love to buy but never will" day. And "Go online and find your 50 million dollar dream house in Malibu" day. Today was a lot of other productive things, too.


"All in a day's work" has never rung so true. Everyone in the office has checked out early and it's not even 2:00. Looks like I should officially call it a day too. Besides, I have a 2 hour journey to begin.