<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thought I almost found him...

Note: For the sake of the story, make sure you've read my prior blog before this one.

Last night my parents came down to Santa Monica for a visit and I talked them into eating at a trendy steak-house a few blocks from my apartment. (Ha, got to try the expensive places when the parents are picking up the tab, right? Thanks Mom and Dad.)

When we arrived, our table wasn't ready, so we made out way to the bar. I was enjoying my lemon drop martini, and then I saw him. He was just a few feet away from me, seemingly hiding out in the dark corner seat at the bar, but our eyes managed to meet. More than a few times. I was getting my hopes up (but just a bit of course, I always remain cool and composed in such situations.)

I've heard it said that when you finally meet "The One" there is something so familiar about them, and you feel like you've known them all your life. Let's just say that his face was extremely familiar to me, and all I could think was the blog I had written earlier in the day, as if it was an epiphany... "A tall, dark haired, light eyed, ruggedly but stunningly handsome, quick-witted, passionate, smart, down-to-earth, kind-hearted, rock star to live happily ever after with." As I went through the checklist in my head, I was thinking, "Yep, rock star or not, this just might be him!"

But before I could continue on with my daydream, it hit me. I was staring at Luke Wilson. Just my luck. If only I was looking for "A tall, dark haired, light eyed, ruggedly but stunningly handsome, quick-witted, passionate, smart, down-to-earth, kind-hearted, famous actor to live happily ever after with."

Oh well, one of these days I'll find him...