<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

all you need is...

In my college graduation card, my step-grandmother (who happens to be a Buddhist nun from Thailand- looooong story- and still, after 30 years in the US, hasn’t managed to get a hold on the English language in any way whatsoever), wrote me something that I’ll always remember. “Go make you life so happy.

We try to find that happiness everywhere, but 99.9% of it all leaves us feeling empty at the end of the day. It's a never ending search for something more than just a temporary fix, a quest for something that will fill us up once and for all. This whole happiness thing, stripped down to it's simplest form, seems to be wrapped up in love. And beyond Christmas parties, gifts, and the glitter of the season, there is an ultimate gift of love that came into the world at Christmas that can fill a void like nothing else.

So that's what I'm trying to do (but in proper English). I'm trying to make my life so happy. Aren't we all? We so often take the wrong approach but the first step could be really simple. When I think about what I want for my life, it's love, and the Beatles may not have been that far off with that whole “All You Need is Love” thing. It might not be all that we need, but it's the first thing on the list.