<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Grandma Oprah

I had a dream last night that Oprah was my grandma. Or maybe my grandma was Oprah. I couldn't tell which way around it was, but nonetheless it was very strange. She wasn't black or white (it don't matter if you're black or white, by the way), she was just my grandma and Oprah perfectly combined. We were at a mediocre hotel and I had to book Grandma Oprah a room and I was nervous that it wouldn't be up to her likings. Let me tell you, she may be a billionaire but she was completely content in a simple guest room overlooking the pool.

I dream in color every night and I always remember the dreams too. I can't begin to tell you all of them, highly entertaining as they may be, but once in a while a gem comes along that I have to share. My waking moments are trippy as I attempt to decipher if it was all a dream or if somehow Oprah became my grandma even though she never had any children and I am very white, making this impossible unless she was my step-grandma through marriage or something.

Too bad I woke up before Grandma Oprah went to her hotel room to go to sleep. Was it Stedman or my grandpa in the bed next to her? That would have answered a lot. Well, this could be one of those "to be continued" dreams, so I will let you know if I find out.