<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Saturday, February 28, 2009

25

"This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home
With a name I'd never chosen
I can make my first steps
As a child of 25."
-Snow Patrol / 'Chocolate'

Hello world, I am 25. One quarter of a century. Half way to fifty. Only 5 years to thirty! Ok I'll stop with the countdowns, they're a bit depressing, and let's not get ahead of ourselves anyway. In the past I've always felt a different age than I currently was, but this time, 25 feels just right. 25 feels good.

Turning a quarter life sets off a little intercom inside your head that says, "NOW is the time!", a little wake up call inside your soul that screams "Get going because time surely is!" I don't want my 25 year old's dreams to be forever trapped in time. I don't want to live haunted by the 'what ifs' and 'could have beens' and I don't want to wait until it's too late.

I want 25 to matter. I want it all to matter for something bigger, something more than me. And I think 25 could just be the beginning. It's not too late, in fact, it's all just unfolding.