<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Dad, The Matchmaker

My dad isn't usually a matchmaker, but he ran into an old family friend's son and suddenly had the idea that we'd be a good match. Besides my dad having dreadful taste in men (which isn't exactly a horrible thing!), there is another catch. I babysat this kid. I know what you're thinking and the answers are: Yes, someone trusted me with their child, and no, me getting set up with him is not as creepy as you'd think. I didn't ever have to change his diaper and I'm not 10 years his senior or anything, but it's still beyond strange. I babysat this kid (or should I say teen?) when I was a sophomore in high school and he was a freakin' freshman in high school! Awkward all the way around, for all the parties involved. I was 15 and had to remind this 14 year old guy to take a shower and make sure he was tucked tightly into bed before 10pm. The funniest part is that I brought along my 13 year old brother to hang out with me AFTER the 14 year old went to bed. And when the coast was clear we snuck bites of chocolate cake from their fridge that I still remember to be amazing. So sorry dad, looks like I'll have to pass on this one. Next incompatible suitor please.