<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life Goal #358

Of all the movie stars that I've seen while living in Los Angeles, the most shocking encounter happened yesterday. I was driving home and stopped at a crosswalk to let (who I thought was) a little boy in a suit cross the street. He was muy, muy pequito and all dressed up, and oddly enough he wasn't wearing a backpack and didn't have an adult holding his hand to guide him across the street. As he passed directly in front of my car, we made awkwardly long lingering eye contact and that's when I felt a shiver down my spine as I realized that this man's familiar face definitely didn't belong to a little boy. And then it hit me - I knew this little fella from movies. Yes, I was witnessing a freaking Oompa Loompa in real life! And I'm talking the starring Oompa Loompa in Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, although I prefer him as the ringmaster in Big Fish. So friends, the good news is, my life goal #358 has now been fulfilled. "Make uninterrupted eye contact with an Oompa Loompa."