<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Victory!

"The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities."
-Sun-tzu (400 BC)
How exactly would one choreograph a victory dance? I am in desperate need of some celebratory moves. I guess for now I will swallow my pride and just throw my hands up and wave them from side to side. Or maybe I will freestyle a victory rap, what would you think about that? (Please take time to notice the rhymes in the past 2 sentences. Thank you.)

Victory is mine! The Missoni dress has been returned to its mother. Reunited and it feels so good. So good. Although I'm afraid to actually wear it now because I'm not sure if the villain tainted the cotton. Thanks to old fashioned scare tactics, in depth online stalking, and plenty of friendly cyber harassment, I got the crook to send back the dress. I was obviously dealing with an amateur who probably only recently became a thief to make ends meet after loosing her job. Heartbreaking. Whatever the case, the dress is now back home hanging in my closet next to its half brothers and sisters (same mom, different designer dad).

Even though I may have made amiable threats about ninjas and water torture, I am grateful that things didn't have to become hostile. The opponent surrendered on her own accord. Oh the joys of online bullying. Now the only question is, do I try to sell this dress again? It's already taken a trip across the US and back and been the subject of a police report, so what's the worst thing that could happen?