<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Monday, January 4, 2010

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

"The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware,
joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware."
-Henry Miller
Forget new years resolutions. The only resolution I remember making I broke anyway. Last year I made a resolution to wear less black clothing but colors and prints just get overwhelming and aren't nearly as classic to have in your wardrobe so I scratched that one within a half day. Oh and then there was the pledge about not procrastinating but I procrastinated and never seemed to start it.

This year there will be no resolutions- only a new, fresh view on things. I want to be aware. More than ever before. I want to live aware and soak up all that is being offered. Here and now. I want to experience each passing moment more deeply. More gratefully. I want to escape being so bound by obligations, expectations, and fears. I want to give more and risk more, trust more and become more.

So in this new decade that's the plan. I want to take it all in, just as it comes, and I don't want to miss a thing. Now please rise, remove your caps, and join me in the chorus of Aerosmith's anthem 'I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". Never mind that would be lame...wait, you're already singing it? Yeah me too. You've got to admit that song is catchy. Oh did I tell you that I once tried on shoes with Steven Tyler in Fred Segal? Ok maybe not with him, I actually just stalkerishly watched him from 2 feet away as he tried on a pair of black leather boots. It's just too bad I didn't ask him for a sing off. Oh well, he probably wouldn't have been ready.