<$Jessica Helton, Jessica Helton blog, jess helton blog, blog, adventures and ramblings, adventure blog, ramblings, mozart, perez hilton, tmz, los angeles blog, los angeles stories, stories from la, city stories, funny stories, funny blog$>

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Speaking of running...

Random Question: What is better than working out with a Calvin Klein underwear model / Twilight vampire?

Obvious Answer: Working out on a treadmill previously owned by a Calvin Klein underwear model / Twilight vampire.

Yes, it is true, my roommate Jen is the proud owner of Kellan Lutz's old treadmill. (Please don't tell the paparazzi. We value our privacy.) I will have no need to ask for an explanation when I stumble upon her curled up in the fetal position on the treadmill belt muttering the star's name...oh wait, that will be me.

Speaking of running, which I usually never speak of so this is an especially athletic day for me, I recently watched my friend conquer the LA Marathon. As I was standing on the sidelines, besides spotting one of the actors who was a hobbit in The Lord Of The Rings as well as a 6' 5" flaming Elvis, I was meticulously planning out my hypothetical marathon running music playlist for my iPod and my marathon running outfit all while having no desire to ever run a mile. (Yes, my music playlist would most definitely include 'Mmmbop' and my outfit would most definitely include a black tu-tu.) Surveying all of the running clothing I also began feeling a bit nostalgic about stretchy biker shorts. Thanks to their amazing comfort and extremely stylish look, I proudly wore them daily for about 3 years straight in elementary school. Ah, the good old days.

Who knows, perhaps due to Mr. Lutz's treadmill and my strong desire to have a legit excuse to wear biker shorts in public again, I may just consider taking up this running thing. Yeah, not extremely likely. But if for some reason this Calvin Klein model / Twilight vampire still feels a strange but special emotional connection to his old exercise equipment and wants to revisit it in our apartment, I'm sure we can work out some sort of gym-like membership. I'd even be willing to give him a discounted rate if he'd be willing to let us watch him run. And shower. How could he pass up that sweet offer? Good luck finding a deal like that at 24 Hour Fitness.